Valentine's Day Recipes
It's The Berries Pie
- 2 cups (16 ounces) low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) ready-made chocolate-flavored crumb crust
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- In covered blender container, blend cottage cheese, raspberries and vanilla at medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, stir together gelatin and sugar. Stir in milk and eggs until thoroughly blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon with a thin film and reaches at least 160 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Stir in reserved berry mixture.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.