- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1/3 cup strawberry
jam or preserves
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 4 large
strawberries, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry. Cut into 16 hearts with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Cut each heart horizontally in half. Spread 1 teaspoon of the jam onto bottom
half of each heart; top with 1 tablespoon of the whipped topping and a strawberry
slice. Cover with tops of hearts. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
Or, cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Prep Time: 1 hr 10 min |
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min |
Makes: 16 servings, one
How to Melt and Drizzle Chocolate: Place 1 unwrapped square chocolate in microwaveable
bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate
is completely melted. Pour into small resealable bag; seal bag. Snip off one bottom
corner of bag; twist top of bag to drizzle chocolate over dessert as desired.
How to Thaw COOL WHIP Whipped Topping: Place unopened 8-ounce tub of whipped
topping in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Do not thaw in the microwave.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker/2007/TM General Mills.