Raspberry Chocolate Indulgence
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons raspberry flavoring, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with
aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, microwave one cup of the chocolate chips at
80 percent power for two minutes or until softened; stir until
smooth. Add 1 teaspoon raspberry flavoring.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 2/3 cups sugar until fluffy.
Add three eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in one teaspoon vanilla extract and the melted chocolate.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl and add to creamed
mixture. Stir until well blended. Spoon chocolate mixture into
pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt remaining one cup chocolate chips in the
microwave at 80 percent power for two minutes; stir until smooth.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon raspberry filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining one-third cup
sugar until smooth. Add one egg and remaining one teaspoon vanilla
extract, beating until smooth. Stir in melted chocolate. Spread
mixture over warm cake. Bake for 15 minutes or until cream cheese
mixture is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack; cover and chill.
- To serve, melt raspberry jam in a heavy small saucepan over
medium heat. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Remove
sides of springform pan.
- Spoon melted jam over each slice and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Yields about 16 servings.