Raspberry Mousse Brownies
Brownie mix, chocolate chips and whipping cream create a chocolate lover's
- 1 box (22.5 ounce) Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie
mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- Water, oil and eggs called for on brownie mix
- 1 bag (10 ounces) raspberry-flavored or semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 container (1 pound) Betty Crocker Rich &
Creamy cream cheese frosting
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking
spray or shortening (for easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil
on bottom only of pan).
- Make brownies as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool completely, about
- Reserve 1/4 cup chocolate chips for drizzle.
- In large microwavable bowl, place remaining chocolate chips and 1 1/4 cups
whipping cream. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once every
minute, until chocolate is melted. Stir until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate
for about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add frosting to chocolate mixture. Beat with electric mixer on high speed
1 to 2 minutes or until well blended and soft peaks form. Spread over cooled
brownies, smoothing top.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 1/4 cup chocolate chips and
1 tablespoon whipping cream uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring once,
until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over frosting mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into 12 squares; cut each square diagonally in half to make triangles.
Garnish with raspberries.
Makes: 24 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on brownie mix
box for 13 x 9-inch pan.
Variation: Fresh strawberries or chocolate-covered coffee beans instead of the
raspberries are other tasty garnishes.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 150); Total
Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 140mg; Total
Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 34g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills.