Strawberry Chocolate Éclair Fantasy
Just like your favorite chocolate éclair, this recipe combines rich, semi-sweet
chocolate with flavorful strawberries in a beautiful presentation highlighted with
whipped cream and strawberries.
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchâtel (light cream cheese), softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 15 large strawberries, hulled and tops trimmed level
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 3/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- For Éclair Shell: Heat water and butter to a boil in small saucepan. Stir
in flour and salt. Reduce heat to low; stir vigorously for 1 minute or until
mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one
at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until smooth. Spread evenly
over bottom of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until sides puff up. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F;
bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in
pan on wire rack. Press center down when cool.
- For Filling: Place 1 1/4 cups morsels and milk in medium, uncovered microwave-safe
bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain
some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second
intervals, stirring until smooth. Do not overheat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of éclair shell. Refrigerate until
chocolate is firm.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining vanilla extract in small mixer bowl
until smooth. Spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- For Decorating: Arrange strawberries on cheese layer with pointed sides
up. Microwave jam in small, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power
for 30 seconds; stir. Brush jam over strawberries and drizzle between strawberries.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pipe or dollop whipped topping between strawberries and éclair shell edge.
- Place remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%)
power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals,
kneading until smooth. Cut small hole in corner of bag. Squeeze to drizzle over
strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 25 min | 8 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 530 Calories from Fat: 270 Total Fat:
30 g Saturated Fat: 19 g Cholesterol: 125 mg Sodium: 260 mg Carbohydrates: 56 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 39 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com