Sweetheart Strawberry Pie
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor
Cook & Serve Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups strawberries,
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place half of the pastry on lightly floured surface; roll out to 11-inch
circle. Place in 9-inch pie plate, allowing a 1-inch overhang. Turn under edge;
flute. Pierce pastry shell with fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes with
cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush over pastry hearts; sprinkle with
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Mix dry gelatin, dry pudding mix and 1 1/4 cups water in medium saucepan
until well blended. Bring just to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Remove
from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Arrange strawberries, cut sides down, in pastry
shell. Cover with gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Top with pastry hearts just before serving.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Makes: 8 servings
Food Facts: Wash strawberries just before using. Gently pat with paper towels
to remove excess moisture.
Reprinted with permission from