Warm Chocolate Swoons
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 (3 1/2-inch) heart ring molds (available from specialty baking
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup semisweet or white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Parchment paper
- Raspberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With a mixer, beat 1 stick of butter, sugar, brown sugar and
vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating in
one first before adding the next.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder and stir in along
- Lightly coat molds with cooking spray and place on a baking
sheet covered with parchment paper. Divide batter between molds
and bake 45 minutes until just firm and a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean. Cool in rings 15 minutes on rack,
but serve warm.
- While cooling, melt chocolate chips with corn syrup and remaining
butter * over double boiler or in microwave.
- Cool slightly. Unmold
hearts and spoon glaze over. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
* If making white chocolate glaze, use only 2 tablespoons of
butter and a little hot water if necessary. For ease, you can
also use pre-made chocolate syrup, or apply any sundae-like
topping. Nutella, if available, would be delicious.