Champagne Poached Alaska Salmon
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) Alaska salmon steaks or fillets, skin and bones removed
- 2 cups champagne
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, optional
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together mustard and chopped tarragon; set aside.
- Season Alaska salmon steaks/fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
Place in a pan just large enough to hold the salmon in 1 layer.
Add the champagne, lime juice and just enough water to cover
the fish. Remove the fish and bring the liquid to a boil. Return
the salmon steaks/fillets to the pan. Top each with an onion
slice, capers and tarragon sprig. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover
pan with foil and poach at no more than a simmer for 6 to 10
minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
- Remove salmon
steaks/fillets from the liquid and place on 4 warm serving plates.
Top each piece of fish with 1 ounce of the mustard mixture and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.