Chicken Breasts with Sherried Cream Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup country ham, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook shallots for several minutes.
Add chicken and chicken broth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place in a large baking dish, reserving the
chicken stock with shallots.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining butter and add flour and
stir until a paste forms. Add reserved chicken stock and shallots
and bring to a boil; mixture should start to thicken. Reduce
heat and add cream, sherry, parsley and salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for several minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.