Cornish Hens in Champagne
Sauce with Sherried Rice
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whole seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 cups champagne
- 4 cups salted water
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Wash hens and pat dry. Halve lemon and rub cut surfaces over
hens. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place in roasting
pan. Stuff each cavity with grapes. Secure with wooden picks.
Brush hens with melted butter and pour champagne over hens.
- Roast according to timetable on packaging label. Pour pan juices over.
- Bring salted water to boil. Add rice and boil uncovered 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan. Add melted butter and sherry.
- Serve with hens.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.