Crazy For You Crab Newburg
Delectable crab in a creamy sherry sauce served on a bed of rice.
- 6 ounces (175 g) white crabmeat
- 1/4 pint (150 ml) double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 ounce (25 g) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 3 ounces (75 g) long grain rice
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the crab meat and fry gently for
- Put the egg yolks and the cream in a bowl and beat together. Stir in the
sherry into the crabmeat then slowly stir in the egg and cream mixture. Season
with salt and add a pinch of paprika. Cook gently for 5 minutes without boiling.
- Boil the rice in salted water until tender, drain and arrange on warmed
serving platter. Arrange the crab mixture in the center of the rice and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.