Crescent Heart-Topped Lasagna Casserole
Flaky garlic bread hearts bake right on top of this lasagna-style casserole for
a special all-in-one meal that will satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles (6 ounces)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) box Green Giant® frozen cut broccoli, slightly thawed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
or 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion
over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and thoroughly
cooked. Add tomato pasta sauce and water; mix well. Heat to boiling. Add noodles;
return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese and broccoli.
- Spoon about half of beef mixture into ungreased 12 x 8-inch (2-quart) glass
baking dish. Spoon and slightly spread ricotta cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle
with Italian cheese blend and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles;
firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- Form 2 stacked rectangles by placing 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting
with both short sides of each rectangle, roll up sides so rolls meet in center.
Cut each roll into 6 slices. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form heart shape.
Place over warm beef mixture. Brush hearts with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until hearts are deep golden brown.
Prep Time: 35 Min | Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min | Yield: 6 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 2 cups. Cook pasta for 15 to
18 minutes. Use 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.