Ooh La La! Breakfast
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 bottle champagne
- Peach Schnapps
- Beat together the cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
until fluffy; stir in nuts and set aside.
- Cut bread into 10 to 12 (1 1/2-inch) slices. Cut a pocket in
the top of each. Fill each with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cheese
mixture. Beat together eggs, whipping cream, the 1/2 teaspoon
vanilla extract and the nutmeg. Using tongs, dip the filled
bread slices in the egg mixture, being careful not to squeeze
out the filling. Cook on a lightly greased griddle until both
sides are brown. Keep slices warm in oven.
- Heat together the preserves and juice, drizzle over hot French
bread. Serve with bacon and Peach Champagne Cocktails.
- Peach Champagne Cocktails: Put 2 tablespoons peach Schnapps
into a fluted glass, then fill with champagne.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.