Orange Basil Roast Chicken
- 1 Reynolds Oven Bag, large size (14 x 20 inches)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (5 to 7 pound) whole roasting chicken
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shake flour in oven bag, then place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Loosen the skin of chicken over breast area by slipping your fingers or
a knife under the skin. Place basil leaves and 4 orange slices under the skin.
Divide onion slices and remaining orange slices between cavity of chicken and
bottom of oven bag. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie legs together,
if desired. Brush chicken with vegetable oil; sprinkle with pepper. Place chicken
in oven bag on top of onion and orange slices.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional information per 3-ounce cooked serving: 437 calories, 45 grams
protein, 7 grams carbohydrate, 25 grams fat (52 percent total calories), 140 milligrams
cholesterol, 136 milligrams sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Reynolds
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.