Passionate Prawn Curry
This exotic Passionate Prawn Curry will really awaken your taste buds and enliven a romantic dinner.
- 1 pound(450 g) prepared prawns
- 1 onion, skinned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red chiles
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (50 g) ghee or cooking oil
- 10 fluid ounces (285 ml) coconut milk
- 5 fluid ounces (140 ml) water
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) turmeric
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) green ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat the ghee or cooking oil in a pan and add the sliced onion.
- Fry the onion until a golden brown, then add the prawns and
continue cooking until the prawns are browned. Sprinkle the salt over the prawns then add the spice ingredients
- Dilute half the coconut milk with the water and pour over the
prawn mixture. Simmer the prawns until tender then add the remaining coconut milk and tamarind juice.
- Stir and serve while hot on a bed of plain boiled rice.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.