Raspberry-Wine Sauced Chicken Breasts
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries or 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, slightly crushed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons
butter in a large skillet; add oil. Add seasoned chicken; brown on both sides. Mash half of the
raspberries through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine strained raspberries, wine, garlic,
parsley and broth or bouillon. Pour over chicken. Cover skillet; cook 15 minutes over medium
heat, or until chicken is tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place hot chicken on a platter or
serving dish; keep hot. Stir green peppercorns into sauce; remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup butter,
1 or 2 pieces at a time, stirring constantly until butter is blended into sauce. Immediately spoon
over hot chicken; garnish with reserved raspberries and mushrooms, if desired.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.