Shrimp in Champagne Sauce with Pasta
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups champagne
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or scallions
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound dried thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté mushrooms in medium saucepan in hot olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook
just long enough to release mushroom juices and let them evaporate. Remove mushrooms
and set aside. In same saucepan, combine shrimp, champagne and garlic pepper seasoning.
- Over high heat, heat to simmer. When liquid JUST boils, shrimp are done. Remove
shrimp from cooking liquid with a slotted spoon immediately. Set shrimp aside. Add chopped shallots and tomatoes to cooking
liquid. Boil over high heat until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, approximately 8 minutes.
- When liquid is reduced, add 3/4 cup heavy cream and boil 1 to 2 minutes, until
slightly thickened and reduced. Add shrimp and mushrooms to sauce; heat through. Taste and add more seasoning if
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain thoroughly and
return to cooking pot. Toss with remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley.
- To serve, divide pasta between two plates. Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta.
Garnish with parmesan to taste.
Per serving: 825 Calories (kcal); 54g Total Fat; (69% calories from fat);
38g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 422mg Cholesterol; 307mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 10 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.