Citrus Salad with Honey Walnut
Ginger Syrup for Two
Bursting with flavor and color, this is great to share with a special someone
on Valentine's Day!
- 1/2 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 blood or Cara Cara orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes
- 1/2 white grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes
- 4 tablespoons of the Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1/2 cup mild flavored (e.g. clover) honey
- 3/4 tablespoon finely minced peeled fresh ginger or strips of orange zest from one large orange
- 3/4 cup California walnuts
- Salad: Prepare the citrus fruit and set aside. To make supremes, peel the grapefruit
removing enough outer peel to expose the flesh. Use a paring knife to cut out
each segment of fruit, leaving behind the tough casings that separate each segment.
Divide citrus fruit evenly among four salad plates and set aside.
- Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup: In a small saucepan, bring honey and ginger to a low
boil. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 1 minute, being careful
not to let the honey boil over. Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Cool to
- Toast the coconut by spreading the coconut evenly on a microwavable plate.
Heat on high power 5 minutes stirring every 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- When the syrup has cooled to room temperature drizzle 2 tablespoons on top
of each serving of citrus fruit. Top with toasted coconut and serve.
Nutrition Calories 227 Total Fat 9 Saturated Fat 2 Monounsaturated Fat 1
Polyunsaturated Fat 5 Trans Fat
0 Cholesterol 0 Sodium 2 Carbohydrates 38Dietary
Fiber 4 Protein 3
Created By Rosemary Mark - Nutritional and Culinary Consultant.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Valentine's Day Recipes