Pink Peppermint Valentine Mold
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a medium saucepan (off the stove), combine gelatine, 1/4 cup sugar and salt;
mix well and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks and milk; add to gelatine mixture.
- Cook gelatine and egg mixture in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly
until the gelatine dissolves and mixture thickens slightly - about 5 minutes. Remove
from heat and add peppermint extract. Add food coloring and mix. Chill in refrigerator
until mixture is slightly thicker than the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add remaining
sugar and beat until very stiff, then fold into gelatine mixture; fold in whipped
cream. Turn into a 5-cup heart-shaped mold; chill until firm.
- Unmold and garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired; serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Valentine's Day Recipes