- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped, green chiles, drained
- 5 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in berries, brown sugar, salt, chili powder and 2 tablespoons water;
cook until berries are mushy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple and chiles; let cool.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- Before serving, mix in cilantro and lemon rind.
- Serve with crackers or as a side dish with poultry or pork.