Drunken Chicken Wings
If you don't have a grill, you can broil these wings for about 20 minutes,
basting with the marinade occasionally.
IMPORTANT: Be extra careful with the marinade around the grill. Alcohol is highly
flammable, don't spill on the fire.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Wings: Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips
and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock).
- Marinade: Mix all ingredients together.
- Place wings into several extra large plastic zipper bags.
- Pour marinade over wings. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Broil wings for about 20 minutes, basting with the marinade occasionally
or grill over medium hot grill for about 8 to 10 minutes per side or until completely cooked and dark brown, carefully
basting once or twice during grilling.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.