Drunken Chicken Wings
(Peek Gai Mao Daeng)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced lemon grass
- 10 to 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai chile peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (including roots if possible)
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 4 parts mayonnaise
- 4 parts tomato ketchup
- 1 part hot chili sauce
- Mix the marinade.
- Stir in the wings until thoroughly coated and let marinate for 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill the wings over fairly high heat until cooked through.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce.