Empress Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 scallions and tops, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon slivered fresh ginger root
- Disjoint the chicken wings; discard tips (or save for stock).
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, minced ginger and garlic in a large bowl; stir
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat chicken pieces with cornstarch; add to skillet and brown slowly
on all sides.
- Remove chicken; drain off fat.
- Stir water and reserved marinade into same skillet.
- Add chicken; sprinkle scallions and slivered ginger evenly over chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.