Lightly breaded and oven-baked, these Firecracker Wings get their kick from a "fiery" blend
of chili powder and peppers. Serve with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Test Kitchen Tip: Prepare as directed, using 1 to 2 teaspoons McCormick® Hot
Shot!® Black & Red Pepper Blend in place of the Chili Powder, Ground Black Pepper
and Ground Red Pepper.
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- 2 pounds chicken wing pieces
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix bread crumbs and spices in large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken wings in batches; shake to coat well.
- Arrange chicken wings in single layer on large foil-lined shallow baking
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing, if desired.
Yield: 6 (3-wing) appetizer servings
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min
per serving: Calories: 221 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Cholesterol: 98 mg
Sodium: 482 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 19 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick