French Chicken Wings
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 (1.4 ounce) envelope French onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wings or drumettes
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Combine dressing, corn syrup, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce in a 13
x 9-inch baking pan. (A silicone spatula is helpful for mixing it.)
- Add chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes (30 minutes for frozen wings).
- Turn wings and bake an additional 5 minutes, or a little longer for crispier
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 dinner servings or 24 appetizers
Approximate values per serving (1/6 of, using 3 pounds wings): 548 calories,
37 g fat, 119 mg cholesterol, 23 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 1,125 mg
sodium, 61 percent calories from fat
Adapted from Half-Scratch Magic