Garlicky Gilroy Chicken Wings
Garlicky Gilroy Chicken Wings recipe from the Garlic Capitol of the World, Gilroy, California.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 fresh heads garlic, separated and peeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (additional)
- 15 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Disjoint chicken wings, removing tips. Rinse wings; pat dry.
- Place garlic, the 1 cup oil and pepper sauce in food processor or blender
container; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour garlic mixture into small bowl.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs and black pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip wings into garlic mixture, then roll, one at a time, in crumb
mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Brush shallow nonstick pan with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; arrange wings
in a single layer.
- Drizzle remaining garlic mixture over wings; sprinkle with remaining crumb
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.