- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian style hot sauce
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at
the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock).
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan in 400 degree F oven.
- Stir together ketchup and garlic and brush over wings, then roll them in
the bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Place in pan, turning to lightly coat with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Add water to the reserved juice to make 3/4 cup liquid.
- Stir in the brown sugar, ginger, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- After wings have cooked 20 minutes, turn them over, then pour on sauce the
- Bake for about about 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender.
- Add the pineapple for last 5 minutes of cooking. Finished wings should be