Hometown Favorite Wings
Keep cooked wings refrigerated no longer than 2 days. If transporting, keep cold in cooler.
On grill, reheat wings, if desired.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- In heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add onion. Cook
- Stir in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste,
vinegar, mustard, pepper sauce and cocoa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Pour one-half of sauce into 13 x 9-inch glass dish.
- Place chicken, skin side down in sauce; spoon remaining sauce over chicken.
- Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place wings on broiler pan; reserve sauce.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning over wings and
brushing with additional sauce.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat later.