Hooters Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Vegetable oil (for frying )
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chicken wing pieces
On the side
- Bleu cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. You want just enough oil to cover
the wings entirely - an inch or so deep at least.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper and garlic powder in a small
saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients well-blended.
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
- Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them,
coating each wing evenly.
- Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help
the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
- Put all the wings into the hot oil and fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or
until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain, but don't let
them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot.
- Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly. You could also
use a large plastic container with a lid for this.
- Put all the wings inside the container, add the sauce, put on the lid, then
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.