Lemon Pepper Wings
- 10 wing pieces
- Dash of salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Heat canola oil (enough to cover and deep fry) to 350 degrees F. Use a thermometer!
- Place wings in a bowl. Add a dash of salt. Rub lemon juice onto wings.
- Add wings to a brown paper bag or large zip top bag. Add flour and garlic salt. Shake bag vigorously until chicken is lightly dusted with flour. Remove and let sit out for 3 minutes to air dry and hold coating.
- Add wings to hot oil. Don’t overcrowd pan. Fry each piece for about 8 to 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Chicken is done when lightly browned, the oil has stopped popping so loudly and internal temp is 165 degrees F. Remove and drain on a brown paper bag or paper towel.
- Place wings in a bowl and pour lemon pepper seasoning over. Shake well to coat.
- Serve immediately.