San Antonio Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 cup Pace picante sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup dairy sour cream
- Cut wings in half at joints; discard wing tips.
- Combine 1/3 cup of the picante sauce, ketchup, honey and cumin; pour over
- Place in refrigerator; marinate at least 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Place on rack of foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Brush chicken with reserved marinade; turn and bake, brushing generously
with marinade every 10 minutes, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Place 6 inches from heat in preheated broiler; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until
sauce looks dry.
- Turn; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce looks dry.
- Spoon sour cream into small clear glass bowl; top with remaining 2/3 cup
- Serve with chicken.
- At this point, chicken may be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, place 6 inches from heat in preheated broiler; broil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn; broil 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 24 appetizers