Smoky Cranberry Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup mesquite barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces; discard tips. Cut off
and discard excess skin.
- In large bowl, mix cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce and onion.
- Add chicken; stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375 degree F. Line a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet with aluminum
foil; lightly spray foil with cooking oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade, and place on baking
- Bake for 50 minutes or until well browned and no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is cooking, heat marinade in a saucepan to boiling over medium-high
heat. Reduce heat to medium, cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Brush chicken with sauce halfway through baking.
- Serve wings hot.
Yield: 16 servings