Sweet and Sour Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut chicken wings in half and then cut tips off, (don't use the tip pieces).
- Beat together eggs, 2 tablespoons oil and water. Mix together cornstarch and flour.
- Dip each chicken piece into egg mixture, then dip into flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken in a pan of cooking oil.
- Place browned wings in a shallow baking pan.
- Boil sugar, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce together.
- Pour hot mixture over the wings and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F,
turning once after 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.