Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 16 – 20)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cola
- 1 (12 ounce) jar bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine cola, chili sauce, orange juice, cumin, coriander and garlic.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil and reduce until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Heat broiler and arrange rack about four inches from heat.
- Place wings on broiler or baking pan covered with aluminum foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and broil 6 minutes, turn and broil for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn off broiler and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour sauce over wings, tossing until well-coated.
- Place tray with wings in oven and bake 35 minutes, or until wings are tender and register 165 degrees F when tested with meat thermometer.
- To serve, remove wings to platter and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 500 calories; 26 g fat; 7 g saturated
fat; 26 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 16 g sugars; 3
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Chicken Council