Tabasco Jack Wings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken drumettes
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 /4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Tabasco pepper sauce, or to taste
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in fryer or heavy pot to 375 degrees F.
- Fry wings, a few at a time, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through,
about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Dip cooked wings in sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
To bake wings, place in roasting pan. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Bake ay 450 degrees F until lightly browned and cooked
through, about 30 minutes.