African Groundnut Stew
- 1 whole fryer chicken, cut into pieces and dusted with flour (remove skin, if desired)
- Oil for frying
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced chiles, mild or hot, to taste (remove skin, if desired)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until golden brown.
- Place chicken with tomatoes, salt, sweet potato, onion and chiles in a casserole.
- Pour the chicken stock over the mixture and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cover and place in a 355 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
- To serve, peel and cut eggs in half and arrange on top of chicken.