Banana-Coconut Cake (Akwadu — Ghana)
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- Cut bananas crosswise into halves; cut each half lengthwise into halves and arrange
in greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Dot with butter; drizzle with orange and lemon juices.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and coconut.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until coconut is golden — 8 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 5 or 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes