Beef and Liver Kabobs (Kyinkyinga)
Serve over hot cooked rice to catch all the delicious juices.
- 1 pound high-quality beef chuck, tip or round, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 pound beef liver, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cut beef and liver into 1-inch cubes. The meat cuts easier if
- Place meat in a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients ; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring
occasionally, at least 6 hours
- Thread beef and liver cubes on each of 6 skewers.
- Brush with marinade.
- Set oven to broil or 555 degrees F.
- Broil kabobs with tops 4 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes; turn.
- Brush with marinade; broil 5 to 6 minutes longer.