Use in soups and stews.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups (yes, cups) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, toast the first eight spices for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and continue stirring for about 12 minutes.
- Cool and store it in a tightly covered glass jar.
This will keep in your refrigerator for up to 6 months.