Bean Drops (Binch Akara)
- 1 pound black-eyed peas
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Pour dry beans in a blender with a cup of water. Chop for one minute.
- Pour into large bowl add water. Stir until skins float.
- Strain into colander; allow all skin and eyes to flow out.
- Blend beans, onion and pepper.
- Pour into a bowl, add salt, and stir with a wooden spoon for two minutes.
- Heat oil until moderately hot. Drop mixture into oil with spoon.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Small balls can be served with wooden picks.