- 1 1/4 cups raw grated cassava or Minute tapioca
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Few grains salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cassava or tapioca with milk and egg; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar; add tapioca mixture and coconut to creamed
butter and sugar. Mix batter well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter.
- Stir in vanilla extract, and turn batter
into an oiled and floured 8-inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until done.
- Cut into squares or rectangles.
- It is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes