Pain Nord Africain au Coriandre)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except all-purpose flour.
- Stir in enough all-purpose flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 10
- Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover; let rise until double, about
1 hour. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- Punch dough down; divide into halves. Shape each half into an 8-inch long loaf.
- Place loaves into two greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Cover; let rise until double — 40 to 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut lengthwise slash in top of each loaf.
- Bake until loaves are golden brown
and sound hollow when tapped — 35 to 40 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool on wire racks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes