Ethiopian Flat Bread
This recipe makes such a perfect pancake that you will want
it for breakfast with butter and syrup as well as for soaking
up spicy sauces later in the day. The flatness is what makes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients, then add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into a hot greased (preferably nonstick) skillet. Lift and quickly rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom. Return skillet to medium heat. Cook about one minute or until light brown on the bottom. Flip. Cook on other side.
- Repeat with all of batter.
- Remove to paper towels.