Fish Baked with Tomatoes and Spices
(Mtuzi Wa Samaki — Kenya)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 halibut steaks, 1 inch thick (about 2 pound)
- Fresh cilantro, snipped (optional)
- Cook and stir onion, garlic and peppers in oil in 10-inch skillet
over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat; stir in remaining
ingredients except fish. Cook uncovered over low heat, stirring
occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Arrange fish in ungreased 12 x 7-inch baking dish. Spoon tomato
mixture over fish.
- Bake uncovered at 355 degrees F until fish flakes
easily with fork — 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with snipped fresh cilantro if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes