Fish with Cumin Paste
- 1 1/2 pounds scrod or red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces. Place fish in
ungreased 13 x 9-inch dish.
- Place remaining ingredients except cilantro
in blender container. Cover and blend on high speed, scraping sides
of blender occasionally, until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Spread mixture evenly over fish.
- Bake uncovered at 355 degrees F until
fish flakes easily with fork — 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lemon wedges if desired.