Gali Akpono (African Cornmeal Cookies)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup white corn meal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (reserve 1 white for brushing cookie tops)
- Dampen corn meal with 2 tablespoons water.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together and add to corn meal.
- Cut margarine into dry mixture.
- Beat eggs lightly and add along with milk to mix.
- Add nutmeg.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 3-inch rounds.
- Brush with egg white and bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees F
until golden brown.
Makes 2 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes