Ghurum Masala (South Africa)
When using this spice mixture, stir it in at the end of cooking,
just before serving.
- 1 ounce ground coriander
- 2 ounces ground cumin
- 1/2 ounce ground cloves
- 1/2 ounce ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ounce ground cinnamon
- Mix the spices well, and spread on a flat baking sheet.
- Toast in a 250 degrees F oven for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice
during the process, making sure the spices don't burn.
- Let the mixture cool, then store it in a tightly covered jar in a cool, dry place.
It will be best on the day it's made but
will retain flavor for up to 6 weeks.