Nigerian Beef and Sausage
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (2 pound) round steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound smoked Th ringer, slicedin 1/2-inch diagonal pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 2 tablespoons lard or drippings
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- Cut round steak in strips 1/2-inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long.
- Combine flour, salt and mace. Dredge strips in seasoned flour.
- Brown beef strips in lard or drippings.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain black-eyed peas and add 1/2 cup of the liquid to the beef
strips. Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour.
- Add sausage, drained black-eyed
peas, tomatoes and onions, and continue cooking 30 minutes or until
meat and vegetables are done.
- Thicken liquid with flour for gravy if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes