South African Curry
- 1 (2 pound) round steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut up
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Place steak, butter, curry powder, onion, apples, bacon and garlic
in heavy pan or electric skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, over
low heat until mixture becomes dry.
- Add 2 cups water; simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Add vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Can be accompanied with fruit chutney, raisins, pineapple, etc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes