South African Raisin Rice
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (1-inch long) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 seedless raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Sprinkle rice into rapidly boiling water.
- Add lemon rind, cinnamon stick, turmeric
and salt. Cover and boil slowly 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit for about 15 minutes to absorb all water.
- Add raisins, butter and sugar, mixing well.
If this is being used to stuff chicken, boil rice about 15 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes